SSC JE 2016: Staff Selection Commission has notified about the Junior Engineer official notification on September 30th 2016, for the recruitment of Junior Engineers in various departments. SSC JE first paper will be held on December 3rd 2016 to December 5th 2016. Read the following information about the SSC Junior Engineer 2016 exam carefully:-
SSC Junior Engineer (JE) 2016 Recruitment Details
- Name of the exam: SSC Junior Engineer (JE) 2016
- Name of post: Junior Engineer (Civil, Mechanical, Electrical & Quantity Surveying & Contract)
- Scale of pay: ₹ 9300-34800 + Grade Pay ₹ 4200
- Exam conducted by: Staff Selection Commission
- Exam level: All India
- Exam mode: Paper 1 (On-line) / Paper 2 (Off-line)
- Total number of vacancies: 1000 Approx
SSC Junior Engineer Exam 2016: Important Dates
- Release of online application form: 1 October 2016
- Last date of registration: 3 Nov 2016 (5:00 pm)
- Release of e-admit card for SSC JE paper 1 exam: 3rd week-November-2016
- SSC JE paper 1 exam: 3 Dec 2016 to 5 Dec 2016
- SSC JE paper 1 exam result: January 2017
- SSC JE paper 2 exam: (date will be notified soon)
Posts & Age Limit (on 01-Aug-2016)
- Central Water Commission, CPWD: up-to 32 Years
- MES, Farrakka Barrage (Project), Central Water Power Research Station, Dte of Quality Assurance (Naval): up-to 30 Years
Engineering degree (4 years) or diploma (3 years) in concerned engineering discipline (Civil/ Mechanical/ Electrical) from a recognised university or institute.
Candidates will be selected on the basis of obtaining marks in Paper 1 and Paper 1 examination.
(1) Paper 1 (Objective type) - Objective exam (200 Marks, Duration: 2 Hours)
- General Intelligence & Reasoning: 50 marks
- General Awareness: 50 marks
- Part A general engineering (civil & structural) / Part B general engineering (electrical) / Part-C general engineering (mechanical): 100 marks
(2) Paper 2 (Subjective Type) - Written exam (300 Marks, Duration: 2 Hours)
- Part A general engineering (civil & structural) / Part B general engineering (electrical) / Part C general engineering (mechanical): 300 marks
Minus marking applicable, 1/4 marks will be deducted for each incorrect answer.
Fee is ₹ 100 will be charged through SBI Challan / Net-banking / credit card / debit cards. Candidates belonging to SC/ ST, women, physically handicapped and ex-servicemen are exempted from paying fee.
How to Apply
Only one online application is allowed to be submitted by a candidate for SSC Junior Engineer Examination 2016. Eligible candidates are required to apply online through SSC online portal (http://ssconline.nic.in/jeregistration/) on or before 3/Nov/2016.